6th edition of the UIHJ practical webinars on enforcement in foreign countries : “How to enforce in…?”
In the context of transnational disputes, which number increases every year, the question of the enforcement of a court decision in a foreign country regularly arises. What documents are needed to enforce? Who is competent to enforce, how to identify and contact the person in charge of enforcement? What language to use? What enforcement measures are applicable? What is the cost of enforce and what is the duration of this process?…
To provide concrete answers, the UIHJ is setting up a series of practical webinars focused on practical cases.
These webinars are free. They are intended for enforcement professionals but also for other legal professions, academics, students, as well as individuals.
Four webinars will be organised each year. Each webinar focuses on three or four countries in the same geographical area or whose judicial organisation is comparable.
The webinars will notably address the following points:
- What titles can be enforced in the country?
- Who is responsible for serving or notifying the documents relating to enforcement and how to use the cross-border service of documents instruments?
- Is it possible to obtain information about the debtor and his assets before starting enforcement?
- Can the judicial officers of the country carry out an amicable recovery of the debt?
- What databases are available to obtain information on the debtor’s assets?
- What is the cost of the enforcement procedure for the creditor?
The 6th practical webinar of the UIHJ on enforcement in foreign countries: “How to enforce in …” dealed with Algeria, Portugal and Spain, and was held on Thursday 15th June 2023.
The speakers were:
- Moderation: Carlos Calvo, secretary of the UEHJ, judicial officer in Luxembourg
- Algeria: Mohammed Reda Bougrine, member of the UIHJ innovation team, judicial officer in Algeria
- Portugal: Claudio Abreu, Solicitador in Braga, Portugal
- Spain: Luis Ortega, vice-president of the UIHJ, Procurador in Zaragoza, Spain
THIS WEBINAR WAS ORGANIZED IN FRENCH LANGUAGE ONLY! NO INTERPRETATION IN ENGLISH!
UIHJ individual members can rewatch the webinar