Second edition of the UIHJ practical webinars on enforcement in foreign countries : “How to enforce in…?”
In the context of transnational disputes, which number increases every year, the question of the enforcement of a court decision in a foreign country regularly arises. What documents are needed to enforce? Who is competent to enforce, how to identify and contact the person in charge of enforcement? What language to use? What enforcement measures are applicable? What is the cost of enforce and what is the duration of this process?…
To provide concrete answers, the UIHJ is setting up a series of practical webinars focused on practical cases.
These webinars are free. They are intended for enforcement professionals but also for other legal professions, academics, students, as well as individuals.
Four webinars will be organised each year. Each webinar focuses on three or four countries in the same geographical area or whose judicial organisation is comparable.
The webinars will notably address the following points:
- What titles can be enforced in the country?
- Who is responsible for serving or notifying the documents relating to enforcement and how to use the cross-border service of documents instruments?
- Is it possible to obtain information about the debtor and his assets before starting enforcement?
- Can the judicial officers of the country carry out an amicable recovery of the debt?
- What databases are available to obtain information on the debtor’s assets?
- What is the cost of the enforcement procedure for the creditor?
The 2nd practical webinar of the UIHJ on enforcement in foreign countries: “How to enforce in …” will deal with Finland Sweden and Denmark, and will be held on Tuesday 14th June 2022 from 14:00 to 16:00 (Paris time).
The speakers are:
- Moderation: TBC
- Finland: Mari Vihriälä, Customer service manager of the National Enforcement Office
- Sweden: Daniel Dalenbring, Senior Legal Advisor of the Legal Department of the Enforcement Authority of Sweden
- Denmark: Peter Carlstedt Nørtved, Partner, Attorney at Law at LEAD – Rödl & Partner Law firm
Webinar language: English with French interpretation
Registration is free of charge.