Press release from the CIAN and the UIHJ
The CIAN and the UIHJ are organizing a conference on May 5, 2022 from 6 p.m. Jacques LECAT, President of the Commission.
By introducing a simplified debt collection procedure in the 17 OHADA States, the Uniform Act of April 10, 1998 established an important reform. The practical application of this text has however revealed difficulties which, due to the very nature of this matter, feed an important case law of the Common Court of Justice and Arbitration (CCJA). The OHADA Council of Ministers therefore decided to launch a reform of this Uniform Act, one of the last not to have been revised since its adoption.
During this meeting organized by the Legal and Tax Commission of the CIAN and the International Union of Judicial Officers, at the law firm UGGC Africa, member of the CIAN, we will discuss the following subjects:
- Presentation of the Uniform Act on the organization of simplified recovery procedures and enforcement procedures.
- Update on CCJA case law on the enforcement of enforceable titles.
- Practical difficulties in terms of enforcement in the OHADA space.
- Issues of the reform of the Uniform Act for the profession of judicial officer as well as the securing of commercial transactions.
The conference will be followed by a cocktail.
Speakers in person:
- Jean-Jacques LECAT, Chairman of the Legal and Tax Commission of the CIAN (moderator)
- Marc SCHMITZ, President of the International Union of Judicial Officers (UIHJ)
- Mathieu CHARDON, Secretary General of the International Union of Judicial Officers (UIHJ)
Speakers on line:
- César Apollinaire ONDO MVE, Former President of the Common Court of Justice and Arbitration of OHADA (CCJA)
- Mayatta NDIAYE MBAYE, Director General of ERSUMA-OHADA
- Samuel ENAME NKWANE, President of the National Chamber of Judicial Officers of Cameroon (CNHJ)
- Jean-Didier BIDIÉ, Vice-President of the International Union of Judicial Officers (UIHJ)
The conference will be held face-to-face at the premises of UGGC Avocats at 47 rue de Monceau, 75008 Paris and remotely on Zoom.