The UIHJ is organizing on 5 October 2020 from 10:00 to 12:00 (in French, Paris time – CET) and from 14:00 to 16:00 (in English, Paris time – CET) a webinar on the theme: “Judicial officer and evidence through statements of facts”
After the success of the first webinar organized on 11 June 2020, the UIHJ is organizing a second webinar on the theme of statements of facts, which will focus on the tools available to judicial officers to help them fulfilling their mission.
The statement of fact is a universal method of providing evidence through a report which, when it is carried out by a judicial officer, gives it such probative force that many litigants prefer to waive or negotiate rather than face a trial that they know has been lost in advance.
The statement of fact provides evidence of a material fact, regardless of any factual or legal consequence. If the judicial officer uses his five senses as part of his mission, the assistance of tools and technologies allow him to act with great precision and to improve his work (photographs, audio recordings, videos, Internet, geolocation, social media, use of drones, etc.).
The judicial officer must first know the tools at his disposal, using only those recognized by law or case law. He must then learn to master them, while respecting fundamental rights.
This is precisely the purpose of this practical webinar.
To fluidify the exchanges, two sessions are organized on Monday 5 October 2020:
- In French, from 10:00 to 12:00 (Paris time – Central European Time – UTC + 1)
- In English, from 14:00 to 16:00 (Paris time – Central European Time – UTC + 1).
Program of the afternoon session (IN ENGLISH ONLY) – Monday 5 October 2020 – From 14:00 to 16:00 (Paris time – Central European Time – UTC + 1)
- Opening: Marc Schmitz, president of the UIHJ
- Presentation: Mathieu Chardon, 1st vice-president of the UIHJ
- Statements of facts on the Internet – Rules and protocol: Mathieu Chardon, 1st vice-president of the UIHJ
- Statements of facts and video, audio messages, SMS, WhatsApp, social medias, etc.: speaker to be confirmed
- Statements of facts, drones, and privacy: Marc Schmitz, president of the UIHJ
REGISTRATION IS FREE OF CHARGE!
Click HERE to get registered for the ENGLISH SESSION (14:00 to 16:00)
Click HERE to get registered for the FRENCH SESSION (10:00 to 12:00)